Sunday, October 19, 2008

Recovery

I am recovering fast and well from the Chicago marathon! I didn't run for a few days after coming home, which felt great because I had no desire to run. I spent the remainder of the week running low miles (3-5 each time I ran) and spent time swimming, and doing other cross training activities. I realize each marathon recovery is always different and I'm very fortunate this one went so smoothly :)

I know I promised pictures and a full race report....but, please be patient with me. My aunt took the pictures and I'm waiting for her to send them to me. There are some from marathon foto and I'll post them as soon as possible. I have been keeping extremely busy with my embalming and funeral directing classes and all the case studies that go along with it. But, don't get me wrong.....I'm really enjoying every second of my training for my new career!!!!

I also had Air Force Reserve Drill this weekend, so that consumed all of my Saturday and Sunday.

Monday it's back to marathon training because I've decided to run the Mountain Home, AR marathon on 15 Nov as a training run for my upcoming ultra marathon. I know.....I'm either crazy or a glutten for punishment.....

3 comments:

Susan said...

Mountain Home - go girl!!!

Cheryl said...

Glutton for punishment and crazy, I think you can be both!!

Susan said...

What's new? And where are the pics?