Saturday, May 17, 2008

Andy Payne Memorial Marathon, OKC

Can't believe my next marathon is one week from today, 24 May. Actually, by this time next Saturday it'll be another one for the memory bag, since the marathon starts at 6:30am. Has anyone ever run this?? It's very small--last year there was about 150 runners!!!! The course is pancake flat (in the words of the race official), and it's very simple: a short out/back (1.1 miles out and the same back) and then 3x's around an 8 mile lake. Here is a picture of the lake/course. I'm not so sure I'm excited about running 24 miles around a lake, but I'm up to the challenge (think this one will be mainly mental). On the other hand, Ben's looking forward to this course because he won't have to drive to meeting points, he's planning to bring a chair and wait for me to pass by each time! Also, our friend Tony will be tagging along to keep Ben company, so that's a nice bonus.
I've already been tracking the weather. It's suppose to be about 62 degrees at race start, but will get warm quick (high is 88). Chance of rain as of now is 20% and they're predicting calm wind. It'll be a running skirt and most likely a white tank top, so I don't attract the sun.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Just think of it as a big, um I mean HUGE, Lakewood lake :)