Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wow, seems like I just did this!!

So, here I am again....packing for a marathon/weekend trip. Sure thing, tomorrow we leave for OKC and Saturday at 6:30am is the marathon. I talked to the race director today, he said our hotel is about 2-3 miles from the Lake (which is the start/finish area). How cool is that!!! I told you a few posts back that this marathon was small---he told me he's got 125 people signed up!!! Oh, and he reassured me---if I arrive at 6am to get my race packet (yes, packet pick-up is race morning), I'll have ample time!! And there's a man from Houston who's run the marathon for the last 16 years. Lots of locals and mostly the same faces every year--with the lovely addition of mine this year :)

Our friend Tony will help/keep Ben company during the marathon. If you recall, Tony was at the February Cowtown 1/2 marathon in Fort Worth--he was the star of my video when he lost the gu and kept asking Ben if he had it. I might have to watch that video again for a good laugh!

Off to the world of packing--enjoy your holiday weekend and my race recap/photos will come next week!

No comments: