Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Nashville Pics, Landscaping Pics

Ever since my semester of school ended a few weeks ago :), I've made every attempt to stay far away from the computer! After being glued to this machine for 14 weeks, when school was over, I needed a little separation time. Besides, my hands hurt from typing, my eyes were sore from looking at the screen, and I'm sure my butt spread a few inches from being parked in front of it everyday (for hours!).

I recovered just fine from running the Nashville Marathon! I waited about 3 days before I started running again. But, was back to other normal activities 2 days afterward--sculpting, spinning, water workouts. Think this helped my recovery, I was never sore in one particular place. Well, I take that back--my right IT band decided to act up at about mile 15 on. Never had any problems w/that side before. I do think the road was a little uneven on the course, so maybe that facilitated the flare up.
Here are some pics from Nashville:





Next Marathon: 24 May 08--The Andy Payne Memorial Marathon in Oklahoma City. Yep, next weekend!!!! We'll be traveling on Friday and then going to Yukon, OK (about 45 min from OKC) after the marathon on Saturday to stay until Monday w/some friends.

Next Marathon after OKC is Chicago (only 5 months away!!). But, I'll have some 1/2's before Chicago, plan to run a few 5K's, as well as a 14.2 race in Tupelo, MS that Cheryl and I will be running at the end of Aug. I'm excited about this race, it starts at 5am because we all know it'll be really hot!!!!!

Dad's visit: We had a great time when Dad stayed w/us last week! I can't thank him enough for helping me landscape the yard. He and I worked our butt's off and it turned out awesome! And since there's no Sonic in Ohio, we had to make 2 trips there during his stay!!!

Pics of landscaping (and Maxx, our helper!)


the new plants being placed
new plants being placed

freshly delivered soil for the flowerbed
Maxx helping Dad take out the dead tree


Maxx ate old branches all day (and the next day too!)All done and looking prettyThe new treee we planted. This tree was growing in the flowerbed!We planted some Pampas grass and put a few hanging baskets w/it for colorView from the street, can't see much though

2 comments:

Susan said...

Kim,

Those Nashville pics are FABULOUS! And look at you turning right back around and doing it again! :)

Awesome yard, also. God job!

Susan

Cheryl said...

Great pictures from Nashville, especially the last two and your flowerbed looks great!!