Saturday, May 31, 2008

Summer Love

How many of you out there enjoy the summer??? I love how the days are longer, the warmth of the sun, and (yes) even the Arkansas humidity!!! This is my time of the year! And there's nothing better than an early morning run. Which, is what Cheryl and I did this morning. I met her at 5:40am and we headed for a 12 mile run at the River Trail. Thank goodness for the breeze, because it was pretty warm and humid. I keep forgetting to pack a towel to dry myself off after our runs---not use to this since it seemed we spent forever dealing w/cold weather. Anyway, this was my longest run since completing the marathon last Saturday. And I have to say, it went well. I did have some knee pain sneak up on me toward the end, and I think Cheryl had some inner thigh pain issues, but through all our moanin and groanin, we made it :) The best part of our run was being able to take off our fuel belts afterwards and cracking open a much needed Coke Zero.

After our run, we walked to the River Market for coffee and the Farmers Market for fresh fruits and vegetables. I got some awesome blueberries (made a smoothie this afternoon!), lettuce, red onion, green beans, cauliflower. Cheryl picked up some great looking cucumbers, tomatoes, and strawberries. All in all, we had a fun time and were really excited about our purchases!

And here's my most favorite thing about summer: I got my run in, coffee, trip to Farmers Market, etc and still got home by 10:30am!!!! Ah, music to my ears :)

The rest of my day was spent house cleaning and spending time w/Ben. We took Maxx to get a new swimming pool. His old one is 2 yrs old and it had a small hole in the side, so everytime I filled it, he'd lose half the water w/in a few days time. He was very excited for the new pool and I could tell he was ready for me to fill it because he was standing in it (no water) until I drug the hose out and filled it for him. Spoiled puppy :)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yes, I love the summer too, what I love most is knowing what I'm going to wear, not having to guess. I had a great time Saturday, it was nice getting it all done and still being home early!

Susan said...

Maxx is a lucky boy!