Saturday, June 7, 2008

Can I Sneak More Hours Into The Day?

I'll never forget the statement my Mom said to me years back: "Honey, once you get out of college and start working, time just flies by." Of course, at that time, I didn't believe her (or have any idea just what exactly she meant by that). But, low and behold, Mom was right!! Just like always...

So, with the blink of an eye it was Monday then Saturday and I've had some low mileage runs (anywhere from 3-7 miles) and then a 14 mile long run. I've been to water aerobics, spinning, sculpting, taken Maxx on walks, cleaned the house, mowed the lawn.....and the list goes on.

Yesterday I took Maxx to the vets, he has a bacterial infection and is on antibiotics. But, let me share the good news!!! When I took Maxx for a routine checkup about 5 weeks ago, the vet wanted Maxx to lose 9 lbs, getting down to his ideal weight of 76 lbs. We cut back his food by 1/2 cup (he was pretty upset in the beginning about this), I walk him 2x daily, and we filled up his pool. When I put him on the scale, his weight was 76 lbs!!!! Happily, he lost the 9 lbs! Now, if only it were that easy for me to do!!!

I have Drill this weekend, which always makes Sat-Sun fly by. When I arrived at 6:30am, I found out I had to shoot the M16 rifle, so I spent from 8-2:30pm on the range. In full uniform, gas mask and it was about 90 degrees (felt like 100+ on the range). Then changed to PT gear and we worked out for 90 minutes. Needless to say, this was a long day and I'm pooped.

Tomorrow I take Ben to the airport as he'll spend the week in Atlanta for a training seminar.

Well, we have company from Oklahoma visiting, so time to stop blogging!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought I would never hear those words and it only took 29 years! What a sight you must have been on the range...
Love you!