Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Soaking Wet (I Mean Really Wet)

The title of this post best describes our (Cheryl and I) 14 mile run this past Saturday. I expected some rain, but didn't think it would rain consistently for about 12.5-13 miles of the run!!!! Not to mention the thunder and very close lightening we saw. Not one inch of our bodies was dry, our feet were soaking and making squishy noises w/each step. About 7 miles into the run, we both decided we were miserable and really didn't want to go the entire 14 miles. So, we decided to cut a few roads out of the run and thought we'd get 12 (and trust me-----we were both happy and ok w/getting 12). Oh, and this route was pretty hilly so we were not only dripping wet, but our legs were starting to feel the hills. Well, one thing led to another and we ended up missing a turn and had to make our way up this really steep and long hill. Yep, and we had to stop some guy at a stopsign to ask him which was the right way!!!! All in all, it was a crappy run, but then again really fun because Cheryl and I laughed our butts off and were miserable together! I stopped my garmin at 13.5 and walked the rest of the way to her truck. Honestly, the thought of running for even one more step in my soaggy socks and shoes made me sick to my stomach. So, I turned into a big whiney baby and Cheryl let me sympathy walk to the end :)

Sunday I ran by myself on the base. My feet hurt a little from the craziness of Saturday so I opted for 6 miles. The rest of the day was spent cutting the grass and doing things around the house.

Monday was the start of a new week filled w/sculpting, spinning, water aerobics, and teaching my dance classes. I ran 5 miles yesterday and decided to take today as my rest day. Mainly because today I got my hair colored red and cut into a chin length bob (very cute and easy to manage I might add!!!) and didn't want to mess it up! It's true---why is it the girl who does my hair can make it look awesome and I can never duplicate what she did???? And I even took it a step further: tonight in water aerobics I stood in the 4 ft end so I wouldn't splash and get my hair wet! :) However, not sure if I really got a workout :( Doesn't matter because the important thing to note is my hair stayed dry!

Only 2 weeks left until school starts again. That's a good thing because I'm getting to use to my "lady of leisure" lifestyle.

Monday (23 June) starts my 16 week Chicago marathon training schedule. That's why I'm not too worried about logging a lot of miles this week--I know the hard work is right around the corner.

I have the rest of my half and full marathon schedule for the remainder of the year just about planned out, hopefully I'll post that this week!

Enjoy the week :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I like the new colors and great job on not messing up the new do! See you tomorrow hopefully!