Thursday, June 12, 2008

What A Week

My week didn't start off as I had planned, and it's been a lonely one since I dropped Ben off at the airport on Sunday. I didn't get to spend much time w/him last weekend before he left because I had Drill, he had to work at his 2nd job, and our friend from Oklahoma stayed on Saturday night (and I opted to let them talk "guy stuff" into the early hours on Sunday w/out me).

On Monday the Honda broke down while I was in NLR. Thank goodness (and I do really mean that) Cheryl was in town and able to come to my rescue!!! There are many people I could have called, but she's the only one I really wanted to help me (you can relate, right?). Anyway, I had the car towed to the dealership and Cheryl took me home. Which, she doesn't travel the streets of Jacksonville much, so I was even more thankful. Monday was suppose to be my first day teaching aerobics for Andrea---I'm taking a couple of her night classes so it'll free up her time to spend w/her hubby and kids. Cheryl was willing to pick me up and take me there, but we ended up having a terrible storm and Andrea called on our way to her house and told us not to make the trip, she'd teach if anyone showed. So, we turned around, went to Starbucks and then hung out at my house for a little bit. Maxx was very excited to see Cheryl and he even got to show her some of his toys!

I got the car back on Tuesday, so that was a blessing. The electrical portion of the ignition switch had to be replaced. And it didn't even cost me that much!!!!

Rest of my week has been spent going to exercise classes, teaching, getting in my daily runs, walking Maxx (he's graduated to 2 walks a day, each about 2 miles). And worse yet, I've been staying up way too late watching TV. I don't even really like watching TV, but have a hard time falling asleep when Ben isn't here. Oh, and I keep the kitchen lights on too!!!! I know----I turn into a big scaredy cat when left by myself.

Luckily, Ben comes home tonight :) Tomorrow we're going to visit a friend who lives about 3 hrs away. Saturday is my 14 mile run w/Cheryl and I'll probably cut the backyard grass. Sunday I'd like to run 7 or 8 miles and then Ben and I will spend some time planning out the deck we're going to build in the backyard.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I was glad I could help! and I mean it, I didn't mind at all, I'm sure I'll be calling you on Friday to pick me up at the airport.