Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Memphis Countdown

2 days until we leave for Memphis!!! We're running the 1/2 marathon (Annette, Cheryl and I) plus others from our running club. Our friend Susan from Benton is running the full!!! This race has special meaning to me because this was Annette and I's first 1/2 marathon, which we ran last year. As the saying goes, "baby, we've come a long way since then"---we have numerous 1/2 marathons under our belt, along w/one marathon (Chicago). Oh, and I can't forget to mention the best part of the drive to and from Memphis-----stopping at our favorite place, Starbucks!!! We're frequent customers there, we should invest stock or something!

I did run today. After Jazzercise class this morning, I went to the Old Mill and ran 6 miles. Nothing speedy, just strollin' along, checking out the geese, squirrels, and the rest of nature.

Tonight was pretty uneventful. I did some housework, took Maxx for a walk, then bathed him. That was a chore since I had to bathe him in the tub because it's too cold for an outside bath. For those of you who don't know Maxx, he's our 86 lb, 2 yr old black Lab. He's also our "child" since we don't have (or want) kids. Maxx is VERY SPOILED!!!!! But, I wouldn't have it any other way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got your run in, I was so wishing I could have met you it was so nice out yesterday!