Thursday, November 29, 2007

Memphis Trip

Tomorrow we leave!!!! I was informed by Annette this morning, the big red truck will pick me up at 9am. Ok, so in my mind I've told myself 8:50am, since I'm always late....Annette will usually give me the 10 minute earlier time as well. She does a great job getting me to my destinations on time!!!





The weather is suppose to be much warmer on race day than it was last year. Think the temp at the start line last year was mid 20's....all I know is it was FREEZING!!! You can tell by looking at what I wore:

Oh, so much has changed since Dec 2006! Most importantly is my run times have gotten much faster. My 1/2 marathon PR is 1:56. Of course, Memphis set the baseline and I went from there. And well, I don't always wear so much at races---but, I do in comparison to other runners. I just don't get very warm and I don't sweat much. But, from a fashion perspective, I've improved: I know what "dri-fit" and "wicking" means, along w/being the proud owner of many "Right/Left foot socks". Ok, I do wear my favorite blue Air Force sweatpants, but now I only strut in them during our training runs!!!!


1 comment:

Annette said...

You have definately come a long way in the past year!!!

I'm looking forward to our trip to Memphis!