Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tuesday Run

As I mentioned in my previous post, the weather yesterday was beautiful (in comparison to the 40's we seen the past few days). As much as I love running w/my buddies, I do enjoy a run by myself every now and then---it helps me clear my head and gives me some wonderful "alone time".

It's about a 2 mile run to the salon I go tanning at, so I decided to incorporate a trip there into my run. Geared w/my Garmin, I-pod, sunglasses, and I'm embarrassed to say---running tights (capri's), I headed out for my adventure. A little note on the running tights: why in the world do they have to be so unattractive???? So maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way, but I kept wishing I had my running skirt on so my bouncy butt wouldn't be exposed to all the cars passing by!!!!!!

I ran the 2 miles to tanning, spent 14 minutes baking in fake rays, and continued my run. I toured subdivisions, ran past shopping plaza's, and got to enjoy some nature (saw lots of squirrels darting up trees).

Total mileage for my run was 7. Average pace was 9:30.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got a good run in and a tan to boot!! I'm glad you are updating your blog! Countdown to Memphis - 3 days.

Susan said...

Excellent use of time! I like to "run" errands, also.

Anonymous said...

You are making me tired just reading this!