Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Case of "stuck in a rut"

Ok, somebody kick me in the butt and get me motivated!!!! Good golly, it's way too early in the winter to be feeling this way. At least I've been getting my normal daily workouts in, but I haven't even wanted to do them :( To be honest, I don't want to clean, cook, go anywhere, spend time on the computer (I think you get my drift).

So I'm digging deep to find out why I have no motivation and I can't even muster a decent reason! Can't I just sit on the couch and watch TV for the next few months until it gets warm out??? Can't I just live in the tanning bed until it gets warm out??? Can't I just hide under the covers and come out in the Spring??? Well, we all know the answer: NOPE!!! I won't lose faith in me just yet, the mojo is bound to return soon.

On a brighter note, 79 days until the Cowtown Marathon!!! I didn't get the required mileage today. A bit disappointed in myself. But, to my defense (and Cheryl can attest to this), it was so freakin windy when we were running!!!! It just sucked every ounce of wanting to run out of my body. As a result, we all know what this means for tomorrow----I get to run my designated mileage for the day, PLUS the miles I didn't do today. That'll teach me!!! :)

Also, Ben comes home tomorrow!!! The house has been lonely w/just Maxx and I. Today Maxx went to the groomers and he received the royal treatment---a de-shedding bath, toenails trimmed, ears flushed. He's sleeping like a baby now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me too! Winter blues - I think I must have been a bear in a former life! Call me when spring gets here...

No need to add on miles from yesterday, it's a little chilly today.