Monday, December 10, 2007

Recap of weekend training runs

On Saturday I went w/Annette and Cheryl to the River Market, as we trained w/the Little Rock training group. We met at 6am and our goal was to complete 14 miles. This was my first time participating in one of these training runs and it was really neat because there were about 100 runners. It felt like a small race!! Our run was good--a few potty breaks, quick breaks to get water, few short walk breaks. In the end, Cheryl wasn't feeling well (she has a headcold and I give her lots of credit for even showing up), so we cut the run short. My Garmin showed 12.5 miles.

After our run, we stopped for latte's and had the most wonderful 8-grain bread I've ever tasted. It was toasted w/jelly and boy was it great :) Before we left, Annette and I bought a loaf to split. I gave some to Ben later that day when I made him some soup. He liked it, but made the funniest comment about it, "when I eat this bread, I feel like I'm eating from a bird feeder". The bread was packed full of nuts, grains, etc...and I laughed when he said that!

Even though we'd run 12.5 miles, I had 14 indicated on my training schedule. I'm following this schedule to the "T", so I needed to finish my run. Which, worked out perfectly because I wanted to go tanning (salon is 2 miles from my house) and Ben was working on the Excursion, so I couldn't drive there. I finished the day w/16.5 miles.

On Sunday, I met Annette in Cabot and we ran 7 miles w/the Cruisers. It was extremely foggy, muggy, and damp. My hair was soaked, my eyelashes had water drops, as well as my eyebrows!! It was a hilly route, and I was a little tired chugging up those inclines!!

I ran errands w/Ben after our run , went swimming in the afternoon, then got ready for our Jazzercise Christmas dinner. We met at Chilli's and had a really nice time.

No comments: