Friday, December 7, 2007

Cold and windy training runs

For yesterday's run, I waited until the "heat" of the day to do my 9 mile run. So, at 2pm, it was in the low 40's and I knew it wasn't going to get any better. I planned to run 5 miles by myself, then meet Cheryl for the last 4. I must say, I'm very proud of her for getting out in the cold and running. She dislikes the cold even more than I (and Annette) so it was great having her join me. I found my warmer gloves and put a thin wool hat on. I was pretty warm, only uncomfortable a few times when the wind died down and I was hot.

Ben suprised me by changing his flight to an earlier one (3 hrs early!) so when we got done running, he had left me a voice mail. What this meant for me, was I had to hurry home, change, put Maxx in the Excursion, and get my butt to the airport. Both Maxx and I enjoyed his early homecoming.

Today marks 77 days until the Cowtown Marathon. Yep, seems like a lot, but time will fly!! Today is an easy run w/a pace of 10:30 and distance of 7 miles. I'm looking forward to this run because Ben helped me (last night) transfer songs from CDs to my i-pod. Well, I have to give credit to Cheryl as well, she verbally walked me through it while we were getting ready at Aunt Martha's last weekend before the Memphis 1/2. Anyways, I now have 177 songs on my i-pod :) I have a Shuffle and it holds 240. Ben got me the Shuffle earlier this year--I had a MP3 player, but it was cumbersome and Ben thought it'd be nice and easy to clip the Shuffle on and go--and it is!

No comments: