Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tuesday's warmer run

Boy has the weather been changing day-by-day!! In the 40's one day, in the 70's another---can we stay in the 70's or higher???!!!

This morning was Spinning class, which is always a great workout I really love! The instructor mixes a little bit of upper body and ab work, so that's even better. I'm buying a spinning bike in January, but still plan to take my Tues/Thurs spinning class.

73 days until Cowtown Marathon. On the schedule for today was 9 miles. Since the temp was in the upper 60's, I decided to run at the Old Mill. On my way, I stopped at tanning, then made the quick drive to the Mill. I had a really nice run and it only lightly rained on me for the last mile. If you've never been to this location, there's a big lake along the route. There are always tons of geese, ducks (whatever they are) roaming the sidewalk and street. They also spend lots of time in the resident's front yards. As was the case today--I was running along and about 15 of them crossed to road and headed up the hill to a house. A lady opened the front door, threw out some bread, the geese gobbled it up, then promptly turned around and came back down the hill (single file), across the street, and back into the water. I thought it was the funniest, cutest thing I had seen all day!!!

After running, I went to Target for some Christmas gifts. Ok, I was gross, but really didn't care one bit----I knew I had worked out in my exercise clothes, not just worn them to "look" like I work out!!!

No comments: