Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Monday Run

I've been so used to running w/Cheryl during the week, that I wasn't excited to go on my Monday run---because she's out of town this week. Well, I have to say I miss running at 5:30am w/Annette, but I'm hoping we'll start that up again when the weather gets warmer (and it's lighter outside).

Anyway, training schedule said 8 miles. And I really didn't even want to do 1 mile!! It was a dreary, rainy, and cold day---and I woke up w/a stuffy head. Blah, blah...excuses, excuses!! At about 7:30am, Ben informed me we were going car shopping, so I figured I'd better run. I opted for the scenic route through the subdivisions. Actually, once I got started, it really wasn't that cold and I decided I was glad I ran!

After I got finished and ready, we loaded Maxx in the car and headed out to be suckered by all the used car salesman. No offense if this is anyone's occupation (or you're related to someone of this occupation), but they just bug the crap out of me! We looked at a few cars in Little Rock, then it dawned on me to call Brenda and see if her nephew could help us out. Once I got the number from Annette, I placed the call and Brenda was there to assist in a second (she's the Assistant to a man who owns many dealerships in AR). Her nephew (Chris) was awesome!!!! He talked to Ben many times throughout the day and we settled on a Honda Accord. And for the record--Ben isn't always easy to deal w/, so that makes Chris even more of a gem!! The Accord will be vehicle number 4 for Ben and I. We have an Excursion, F-250 truck (both are diesel), Ben has a Ford Aspire for his economical car, and I'll drive the Accord for my economical vehicle. Like shoes, guess you can never have too many vehicles :)

No comments: