Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Countdown to Cowtown Marathon

80 days until my next full marathon. I decided to run the Cowtown Marathon in Fort Worth, TX on 23 Feb 08. One day before my 29th birthday!! Guess it's my b-day present to myself! My support crowd will be Ben and Maxx. I reserved a hotel that allows pets, so this'll be a family trip for us!! We also have a friend who lives in Fort Worth, I'm hoping he'll buddy up w/Ben the day of the marathon and the 2 of them can meet me at different mile marks. Since I love seeing dogs along the race course, I'll be looking forward to seeing Maxx as well. I think he'll enjoy it as well.

Yesterday I started my 12 week training plan. I ran 9 miles and today I"ll run 8. I found out we'll be given Powerade at the aid stations. The blue kind. Soon I'll start incorporating this into my runs. I really don't like sports drinks because they hurt my stomach, but I water them down and then I'm ok.

I hope to do some of my long runs w/Cheryl, who's training for the Little Rock full marathon, which will be on week after mine. But, I'll be racking up some miles solo when I go home to Ohio, 13-31 Dec. Boy, I hope it's not too cold when I'm home (duh, I'll be in Northern Ohio--what am I thinking!!). At least I'll get to wear my new Carhartt winter hat Ben got me.

Stay tuned for more training blogs!!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Cowtown -- rock on!!!