Monday, April 14, 2008

Catching Up

I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever see Spring (and hopefully soon) summer. Glad to see the rain has stopped, but now the wind and cold is back. Oh well, guess we can't have it perfect all the time.

Recap of weekend runs: on Saturday, Cheryl and I ran 6 miles w/the LR Training Group. It was 6am cold and windy, but we managed well. Afterward we ran the Catholic High Rocket 5K. Ok, this race is 98% HILLS!!!! And big ones at that. I do well on the uphill and Cheryl does well on the downhill, so for the first mile, I'd pass her on the uphill, then she'd pass me on the downhill, so on and so on. It was funny! We hung around for the awards and door prizes. Even though I'm never lucky, I did manage to win a door prize and won 2nd place in my age group (19-29). Saturday afternoon Ben and I went shopping for work clothes for him, we took Maxx to Pet Smart, and then stopped at a furniture store and Ben bought a recliner he's had his eye on for a while. I forsee many nights of him falling asleep in his chair :)

On Sunday I ran 8 miles on the base. I went early (7am) so I could get finished and be back home to spend time w/Ben, since I had to take him to the airport Sunday afternoon because he's in Atlanta this week for work.

Today was Andrea's class at 5am, water aerobics at 7am, then met Cheryl at 5:30 so we could run to the runnign clinic. Ended up w/9 running miles.

Got my schedule of classes for the Fall semester. I'll be driving to the Community College at Hope on Tues/Thur and will have classes from 8am-4:30pm. With the 2 hr drive each way, that'll make for a very long day. My classes will be:
-History of Funeral Service
-Funeral Directing
-Funeral Service Orientation
-Embalming I
-Funeral Sociology
-Funeral Service Law
-Restorative Art I

7 classes, 17 credit hours!!! This summer I'll be taking 4 credit hours.

Leaving next Friday for the Nashville Marathon :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Busy bee I'd say and even busier in the fall!!