Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Day of "Finals"

Today was my final test in Anatomy

Today was my final test in Accounting

Today was my final training run

Today is my final day before leaving for the Nashville marathon

Sigh....what a week (ok, last few weeks for that matter) it's been!!! My tests went well, but more importantly, I don't have to spend tonight studying and doing homework!!! Yes, the mind is free :) I have 2 finals next week, and then school's out for summer!!!! Well, in my case, about 5 weeks. Will be taking 9 credit hours in summer semester 1 and 7 credit hours for summer 2.

Mileage for today's last training run was 4. During that run I kept thinking "oh my gosh, I can't run 26.2 miles.....YES, I CAN, no I can't, etc, etc.....

And I spent the last few days having "phantom pains".....my knee hurts, my feet hurt, my hip hurts....ok, what didn't hurt???!!!!!

And then I went to Kroger for some weekend supplies and I found the expensive, good quality band-aids on sale (clearance for .50!!!)....so, I bought large band-aids for knee/elbow, waterproof, etc. On my way home I thought, "crap, what if buying those band-aids was a bad omen and I'm going to fall and actually NEED them".

And then I was walking across the kitchen floor and slipped on some water Maxx decided he wanted to dribble from his mouth.....I screamed and grabbed the stove handle, only to turn around and see Ben standing there, like, "what the hell is wrong w/you?".

Just get me to the start line!!!!!

So, if you don't hear from me before the marathon on Saturday, I'll post afterward....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a phenomenal young woman!!