Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sneaking In A Run When It's Not Raining!!

Ok, raise you're hand if you're tired of this rainy, gloomy weather we've been having (mine is raised!!!). After doing a few runs in the rain these past few days, I was feeling reluctant to run today. But, I'm feeling very anxious because there's about 3 weeks left in the school semester and I just don't know how I'll get everything done....so, I jumped at the first non-raining moment I saw today, needing a study break. Pressed for time, I opted to make today my shortest mileage day, which was 7 miles. And boy am I glad I ran :) I feel much better and even had some time during my run to start thinking about who I'll place at what mile markers during the Nashville marathon----for example, I intend to put my deceased cousin Farrell at mile 10 and I'll think about him for that mile. And I'll put my Mom, Dad, Brother's, Sister, Ben, Maxx, etc, etc at various miles to help me through the marathon.
I am starting to have some marathon anxiety (must be my word of the day--anxiety!)......what should I wear, what if I can't finish it, what if I trip and fall (toward the top of my list since I've recently fallen twice in the same week and still have hurt, bruised body parts from it), blah, blah....

Break time's over, back to studying.....I'll continue w/this marathon subject soon!

No comments: