Thursday, July 10, 2008

Overwhelmed...but up for the challenge

Oh dear, I'm not really sure what I was thinking when I decided to take Anatomy & Physiology II in a 5 week summer course. I didn't understand the magnitude of cramming a normal 16 week sememster class into 5 weeks---and the professor doesn't cut any material out! I know what my push was--I'd like to graduate on time next May and this summer was the only time I could take A & P II. So, there you have it! And I'm extremely interested and like the class, which does help. In lab this week we've disected the brain, eyeball, ear, and today we disected/took a look at the Endocrine system in the cat. Some of you might be grossed out, but I'm simply fascinated w/science so working in the lab is something I really enjoy!

I'm still running early morning to get my weekly Chicage marathon training mileage. Still haven't figured out my long run for this weekend because of Drill, but I'll squeeze it in and end the week w/at least 57 miles.

Dropped Ben off at the airport tonight. He went to Colorado to visit a friend and then his Dad will fly there next week and the two of them are taking a train from Denver to Cheyenne, WY for Frontier Days.

Study break is over! More later.

2 comments:

Susan said...

57 miles? Holy cow!!!!

You can do A&P -- yes ma'am!

Cheryl said...

Don't stress out, remember what you told me, you're not going to freak if you don't get all your miles!