Friday, July 4, 2008

Update, Update

Ok, it was brought to my attention this morning (by Cheryl) that I needed to update my blog!!! And she's right---but, I haven't been around my computer much these past few weeks. So, here's the quick low down.

I'm almost finished w/my second week of Chicago marathon training (16 week training plan). Last week I ran 56 miles and this week I'll finish with 59 miles. Since it's been hot, most of my runs have been in the morning. And it's nice to get them out of the way before the day gets too hectic.

I've still been teaching my aerobic classes 2x a week and subbed for the spinning instructor on base this week. And of course Andrea's sculpting classes have been kicking my butt. So I wind the evening down with water aerobics.

However, this week I spent all the extra time I could at Cheryl's new house. She closed on Monday and we wasted no time picking out paint for the Dining/Living room, all 3 Bedrooms, the Kitchen, the Ceilings, and don't forget the trim that needs a fresh coat of white paint. We painted our booties off and both of our arms/shoulders are super sore (and a little bit buffer!!!). Not to mention our legs hurt from stepping on/off the ladder and squating down. She also had to work this week, so I was able to help her even more by cleaning the frig (a bachelor lived there and left it for her, but it was so dirty), cleaned the kitchen cabinets, etc. I really hate cleaning my house, but it's so much fun to clean someone elses!

Sadly, my summer is over because sch0ol starts next week. Oh well, it's time to put my brain back to work. I'm taking A & P II, which is a 16 week course condensed into 4 weeks. School is M-F from 9:50-2:30. Then a week break and school starts again (fall semester). That's when I'll be driving 2x weekly to Hope, AR and will have classes from 8am-5pm. And I'm excited because this is where I'll get into the classes for my Embalming and Funeral Directing degree. I'll be starting the process of applying for an internship with a funeral home in the next few months. Exciting :)

Inbetween all this schooling, marathon training, teaching aerobic classes, I have to work on Active Duty for a total of 6 more days before 1 Oct. Already have one day planned next week, in conjunction with my Drill weekend.

And Ben leaves for Colorado next Thurs----he'll be gone for 13 days :( But, the time will fly by because I'll be studying like a mad woman! Hope Maxx won't mind his Momma being gone during the day, since he's so use to having me around.

Tomorrow Cheryl and I are running 20 miles. Wish us luck, it seems everytime we attempt a long run it always rains, thunders, lightening...you name it, we just have bad luck! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll go smooth and we'll keep the whining and complaining to a minimum. As we say, "the adventures of Cheryl and Kim". I'll let ya know how it goes.

4 comments:

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

Hi Kim! Thanks for posting on my blog! I miss the "north" this time of year, but I think I'm starting to get used to the AR summers.

Good luck with Chicago training! Chicago is the BEST marathon, you're going to love it!

Cheryl said...

Thanks again for all your help this week, I couldn't have done it without you!!

And today was a great run, sorry I was wimpy at the end.

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Hi Kim. From one Chicago Marathoner to another, you're doing great with your training. Most of us are a few weeks away from our first 20 miler. Plus your weekly mileage volume is very ample.

I agree with Mira. Chicago is a fabulous marathon. I've run Chicago 10 times plus NYC and Boston, and I still think Chicago is the best of them all.

Keep up your great training and posting (and studying).

tom@runnerslounge.com

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have known that you like to clean other people's houses so much-come on home as I have plenty of cleaning for you! Try to get your rest in between all that you are doing!

Love ya!