Monday, July 7, 2008

Week 3 of Chicago Marathon Training

Wow, can't believe I'm already into week 3....time flies when you're having fun (training!!). This week will bring me 61 miles. Still have to figure out what day to do my long run since I have Reserve Drill Duty on Friday-Sat-Sun. And school starts tomorrow, so this might be a little tricky! Fortunately, I like to get up early, so most training runs have been starting around 6am.

I had a really good long run on Saturday. Cheryl and I met the 6am LR training group at Pinnacle and we did a 20 miler. I was nervous because I thought my knee (either one) was going to hurt, but I'm taking a new Anti-Inflammatory that worked wonders on Saturday! Although my left knee hurt, it was tolerable. I had a MRI taken of both knees last week, so I'm anxiously awaiting the results. They've been hurting pretty constant since the beginning of the year. Yes, I have good shoes and am wearing my orthotics everyday, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Well, with school starting tomorrow, I need to get myself ready for a long day. Both mentally and physically. My day will start w/9 miles, then spinning class, then Andrea's sculpting class, then school. School is from 9:30-2:30 Monday thru Friday. Tomorrow I have a doctor appt at 3:30 and another one at 4pm. Followed w/water aerobics at 5:30. So, I'm guessing I'll finally be home around 6:45pm. We decided to send Maxx to Doggy Daycare tomorrow so he's not home by himself all day. Ben will drop him off before work and then get him on his way home. I have laid out his collar, harness, leash, and lunch kibbles in a ziploc bag. We have to put his name on it and they'll feed him lunch. So, all Ben needs to do is put the collar, etc on him and off they'll go!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

You have a busy week, don't stress if you don't get all your miles, you're making it up in other areas for sure!! Awww, Maxx in Doggie Daycare, he'll have the best time ever! I'm sure he'll be the teacher's pet.