Sunday, July 20, 2008

Week 3 of school....Week 5 of Chicago marathon training

At this point, I really only have 2 major things on my mind....how many miles do I need to run each day and what 2 days of the week will I have an Anatomy lab and lecture test! Don't ask me about current events, don't ask me what the date is, don't even think about asking me when the last time I went grocery shopping was!!!!! I've nicknamed this my phase of "school/running" and it's tunnel vision after that.

Boy, was it hot running this week. But, don't get me wrong...you'll hear very few complaints about the heat from me. I like it much better than any other time of the year. It's a wonderful feeling knowing any run, whether it's 9, 10, 20, or somewhere inbetween is done by 8am (or 8:30ish if you're Cheryl and I and you goof off on the River Trail a time or two!).

Ended week 4 of marathon training w/60 miles. This week my schedule calls for 64 miles. I need to switch my 20 mile long run from Saturday to Friday since Cheryl is in her 2 week taper mode for the San Fran Marathon on 3 Aug. We'll only be running 8 miles w/the LR training group on Saturday. Wow...what will we do w/all our extra time on Saturday!

Anatomy lab test this Wednesday and lecture test on Friday. Better get back to studying.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I agree, not going to complain too much about the heat before we know it the cold weather will be back :(