Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of School for Embalming/Funeral Directing

I'll be heading out the door in about 45 minutes---traveling 4hrs round trip to my first day of school!!!! Goodness, I both nervous and excited at the same time---you'd think after all these years of going to school, this would be second nature---but, it's not the case :) I'm finally done w/all the basic courses and am finally beginning my embalming and funeral directing courses. I should graduate in May 09, then study for a few more weeks before taking my AR State Funeral Board Exam.

The only bummer comes w/the realization there are no Starbucks or decent coffee shops where I'm going (which is Hope, AR). So, I have to stop at the Starbucks before getting on the highway and drink my frappachino on the way---but, I can handle this.

Will let you know how my first day goes!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hope - wow!

Granimore said...

Good luck with your practicums. I remember how excited I was when I got to that point in my schooling. I hope you are able to find an apprenticeship easily.