Monday, August 25, 2008

Week 10 of Chicago Marathon Training

Week 10 = 74 miles and now there's only 6 weeks left until race day!!! Seems like only yesterday there was 6 months until race day. And w/Labor Day just around the corner, I think we're starting to lose Summer :( A change I don't welcome too fondly.

This weekend lent itself to some humid training runs! On Saturday, Cheryl and I ran 10 miles w/the LR Training Group, then went to Starbucks (can't ruin the normal routine!), then of course we had to shop---Home Depot for ceiling fans, toilet seat, and other odds n' ends Cheryl needed for the new house. Then to the furniture store to pick up the cabinet she had ordered a few weeks back. Lastly, no Saturday would be complete w/out a trip to Target!!!! Afterward, we planned our Sunday run, said our goodbyes, and I came home. Spent some of the afternoon hanging out w/Ben and Maxx, as well as dedicating a few hours to studying. Since my mileage total for the day was 16, I ran 6 around the subdivisions. Finished the day off w/watchig the men's Olympic marathon. I'm still in awe at the incredibly fast pace those men maintained!!!

Needed 11 miles on Sunday so the plan was to run 4, then stop by Cheryl's and get her for the remaining 7. We were both really tired, had trouble adjusting to the humidity, sore hamstrings---maybe because we kept such a good, consistent pace on Saturday's run??? Ultimately, we opted for 6 miles, so I ended up w/a little over 10 for the day's total. Knowing I had to cut grass and do some housework, I was ok w/the total.
Once back at Cheryl's house, we stretched, wiped sweat off, moaned and groaned.....then enjoyed some really good coffee Cheryl made for us! I think I had 3 cups!!!! We looked at the online Target add, checked the Olympic website, talked about the 2010 Winter Olympics, then decided to make a trip to Lowe's and look at ceiling fans. The theme this weekend seemed to be ceiling fans!!! We looked at and discussed many, but Cheryl decided not to buy any since she's traveling for work and won't be putting them up this week anyway.
Once going our separate ways, I had to stop and get my weekly supply of fruit and Ben needed cheese, lunch meat, etc. W/everything being so expensive, it doesn't take long to spend $100 anymore!
Cut the grass, which took me a long time because the rain and fertilizer made it really grow. By this time it was 4:30pm, so I decided to come in and get cleaned up so I could spend a few more hours studying. By 10:30 I was falling asleep while reading my Embalming book, so I knew it was bedtime :)

No comments: