Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Special Thanks to Mom & Dad

If you know me well, you'll agree w/me that I'm not one to let my feelings be known very often. However, I feel now is a very appropriate time to thank my parents for their excellent upbringing.

As I was sitting in class today, I've never been more excited because I'm finally going after a dream that I've had for a long time--becoming an embalmer/funeral director--and now that it's a reality, I was reflecting on what brought me to this point in my life. It's not due to all the schooling I've been to, the degrees I have earned, the countless hours of studying, the discipline I've grown to become accustomed to, the professionalism I've learned from being in the military, or even my friends or coworkers over the years.

So, what has brought me to this point?? The answer is simple: My Parents.
They have taught me that success only comes from the desire within, from hard work and dedication, from complete honesty, from challenging myself, learning from my mistakes, not giving up when the going gets tough, and most importantly, believing in myself. I can think of countless times I've talked to either my Mom or Dad when I felt uneasy about school, when I was having a difficult time during a marathon, or when I needed advice----and you know what----they've never led me in the wrong direction.

I would just like to say "thank you" to my parents for molding me into the woman I am today!
Love you guys...