Saturday, August 9, 2008

Survived (and am in a much better mood)

Needless to say, I made it through and survived my final exam in A & P II. My brain was very exhausted after the 2 hrs, and I still had my headache. Immediately after the exam I just wanted to shout, "I'm free....no more studying for a few weeks!!!" it was an awesome feeling.

So, what did I do after the test???? I went to Cheryl's! I hadn't seen her since her San Fran marathon and I enjoyed her telling me about the marathon, the trip, and showing me lots of pictures. Oh, not to mention the great goodie bag she brought back for me (to include freshly made fortune cookies and some yummy dark chocolate, some nice tanks from
H&M, and a new IT band strap). Just the kind of things a girl needs.

Spent a few hours with Cheryl, then came home to cut the grass. Boy, I didn't realize how long it was----5 full, yard and lawn bags!!!!

This morning Cheryl and I ran with the LR training group, then went to the River Market for coffee and fresh fruits/veges, then I had to go to work. Which was so boring, nobody was there (I'm doing Active Duty days for the years worth of Annual Tour points---to hard to explain, it's an AF Reserve thing). Anyways, before I knew it lunch time had snuck up on me and I went to the gym for a bit. Saw a few people I worked with while on Active Duty, that was neat.

Came home from work and decided to put this storage cube thingie together---Cheryl and I each bought one from Target a few weeks back......we were having a contest who'd put theirs together first....I thought for sure she'd win (I procrastinate much more than her), BUT I PUT MINE TOGETHER FIRST!!!!! It was suppose to be easily assembly, but it was sort of hard to assemble, requiring some arm strength and some sweat!!

Mileage for tomorrow is 10. Think I'll knock that out before work. Need to sign up for the Memphis 1/2 also. I'm looking forward to this fall---have a few 1/2 marathons, a few full marathons.....AND I'm tentively planning for my first ULTRA marathon in Feb 09. I'll keep the details a secret and fill you in when I register (which won't be long!).

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

THANK GOD you are finished with summer school! You are in a much better mood! and LMAO about you posting you got that stupid cube put together first!!

I know all your secrets, especially about the stupid you know where ULTRA! It has something to do with animals and in California they are happy and I eat skinny ones.

Kim said...

Ha, Ha.....you're good--I can't sneak anything past you :)

Susan said...

Ultra - wow! You can do it. You'll kick butt!

Congrats on being done with school for a while. What a relief!!!