Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's Official!!!

NOTE to Cheryl: you might want to skip this post!!!

I can officially say I have 192 days until my first Ultra Marathon!!! Location is Cowtown Marathon, Fort Worth TX on 28 Feb 09. One of the main reasons I'm running this is because I turn 30 on 24 Feb and this is going to be my birthday present to myself.....well, I always buy myself a gift, but that's besides the point!

I have to get a training schedule for the Ultra, but I do know I'll be using the Chicago marathon in October, as well as the Dallas marathon in December as 2 of my long runs. In between them are a few 1/2 marathons, a 20K, and 10K, and who knows what else. I've also decided to spend more time on the elliptical, the arc trainer, and spinning bike to cross-train and strengthen my legs so I'm not working my feet too much....due to my recurrent pattern of stress fractures, I don't want to chance anything! Oh, and add swimming to the mix.

School starts in 2 days!!! I'm really excited because from now until May 09 I'll be taking my Embalming/Funeral Directing classes....all done w/electives, etc. Now it's on to the fun and interesting stuff. I should be starting an internship sometime in the near future as well---suppose to find out the timeline for that when school starts.

One more thing----I got an "A" as my final grade in Anatomy and Physiology II class! Five weeks of hell paid off :)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

OMG!! Did you read it before you posted it? that's a LOT!!!!

Kim said...

I know, good thing I have a wonderful training partner ;)