Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Catching Up

Oops, I've been meaning to post, but didn't realize how much time got away from me......let's see, how do I re-cap over a week's worth of time.....had a 20 mile run, which went well (from what I remember!), had a 16 miler, 14, and everywhere else inbetween. For the next 4 weeks I have pretty high weekly mileage (60-65 each week), then I start to back down for the Nashville Marathon. Wow, can't believe it's only 5 weeks away. I'm almost afraid to type this, for fear it'll bring me bad luck, but I've got my hip/IT band/knee down to a moderate discomfort level...or, maybe I'm use to the pain. BUT.....let me tell you what happened a few days ago!!!

I was 2 miles into my run (around the subdivisions) and had planning to do a total of 6. Anyhow, I'm running along and next thing I know, I'm laying flat on the ground!!!! First thing I thought was: Get up quick so nobody sees me....then I thought, gosh that HURT!!! I put my hands out to break the fall (and protect my face) and scraped my hands, elbow, and both my knees. I did my best to land on my good hip so I wouldn't further injure the bad side. It worked but I still landed very hard on my knees. So hard that know they are all cut up, very bruised and today they are pretty swollen and stiff. Crap, why does this stuff always happen to me???? Am I the only clumsy one out there?

I'm also spring cleaning my closets, the house, etc....I've made numerous trips to Goodwill, as well as tried to pawn stuff off on anyone I think can use it.

P.S. still love my spinning bike :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Glad you updated. I can't believe the marathon is only 5 weeks away! Take care of those body parts!