Saturday, March 8, 2008

Drum Roll, Please...

Guess where/what I'll be doing on Sunday, 12 Oct 08----I'll be in Chicago running the Chicago Marathon!!!!! I'm so excited :) Last year was my first attempt at Chicago and since they shut the race down when I was at mile 20-21, I don't feel like I "ran Chicago". This is because I had to walk the last 6 miles. So, I really wanted to know what it felt like to run the entire marathon. My Aunt lives outside the city, so I'll fly in on Friday and stay the night w/her. Then (and here's the really exciting part) we'll drive back into the city on Saturday and pick my Mom and another Aunt up at the airport!!!! The four of us will stay close to the race start on Saturday/Sunday, then fly home on Monday (me to AR and Mom/Aunt to Ohio). I love spending time w/my Mom and Aunt's, so I'm already counting down the months. It'll be such a treat to see them a the different mile markers, while on the course.

Didn't run yesterday because of the snow. I'd like to tell you I stayed in the house and cleaned all day (Spring cleaning??), but that would be a big lie! Instead, I worked on (more) homework, rode my spinning bike, and did a few exercise dvd's. However, I woke up early this morning and did a lot of cleaning---bathrooms, swept and mopped floors, changed sheets on bed, did laundry, etc.

After my cleaning spree, I went to get my hair trimmed, then met Cheryl at for coffee. We walked to Target (it was really crowded, I guess everyone wanted out of the house). Cheryl spotted these big blue canvas bins that were on clearance, so we each bought one. Not sure what in the heck I'll put in mine, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. Then we parted ways and I came home, changed, and ran 8 miles. Sure is nice we have daylight past 4pm!!! For my cooldown, I took Maxx for a 1 mile walk around the subdivision. Of course, he's now fast asleep on the mat I lay on the floor for him in my exercise room!!

Tomorrow is my 20 mile run. Weather is suppose to be nice. Not sure where I'm going to run, but I have tonight to figure that out.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad you'll get to finish the marathon, but this time you'll have your family there too! You'll love it, just looking forward to seeing them will get you through the miles.

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Hi Kim, Just came across blog and wanted to wish you the best at Chicago. Sounds like you have an unmet goal left over from last year.

I was there and can appreciate what how disappointing it was.

Good luck with your running between now and then.

www.runnerslounge.com

Susan said...

Yay Chicago!!!!