Friday, March 21, 2008

In My Former Life

I have finally come to the conclusion of what I was in my former life. Unfortunately, I wasn't a ballroom dancer, a high-profile runner, or even a meticulous housecleaner (does such a person exist?). I'm certain I was a bag lady, a pack rat, or maybe even a hoarder!!!!! As I continue on my massive spring cleaning I've realized one common theme: I like stuff---doesn't matter what the subject content, I just like stuff!!!! Should I check in to a support group?? Better idea----get rid of the stuff and stop buying more! I'm going to pretend I live in a 500 sq ft house and don't have room for anything else!

On that note, yesterday I welcomed Spring by 2 things: Running and meeting Cheryl to go shopping (at this point, disregard my previous paragraph/rant). We checked out the new Container store (very big, nice and expensive), Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Ann Taylor, and Pier One. Oh, also Bath & Body because Ben wanted me to get him some air freshner refills and Dillards for Clinique (Cheryl bought some stuff and I bought some lip gloss----what, I don't even wear lip gloss!!!???). Guess I needed it and will start wearing it now! Bought a few things at Ann Taylor, but overall did very good about not buying too much.

Tomorrow is my 20 mile run. Cheryl and I will run w/LR Training Group (although we plan to do 10) and then I'll finish the other 10. I hope my legs will make it. This morning at my 5am sculpting class, Andrea said "today we're working legs". Crap---legs???? Ugh. And I hobbled home after the class. I really enjoy my M-F 5am workouts. 3 days sculpting, 2 days spinning. Good start to the day!

Will run 10 miles today and plan to swim this afternoon. I find the swimming (and water aerobics) do a great job at relaxing my muscles. Well, the workout is tough, but I like the no impact.

Happy Friday!!! And Happy Easter. Nothing planned for our Easter Sunday, just Church (for me, Ben doesn't attend). Hoping it'll be dry enough so I can cut the grass.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I agree, I have too much stuff, but dang it, I like stuff too.

That 10 mile, uh I mean 11 miler yesterday kicked my butt! Lierally!

Susan said...

5 AM -- holy cow. Wow.
11 miles, then 20 the next day? Lady, you are a wild one!!!