Thursday, March 27, 2008

Legs, Legs, And More Legs

Wow, seems lately all I've been working are my legs, and hardcore! I mean, we all work our legs, but what's giving me a swift kick in the you-know-what are days in Andrea's class when we do legs, and the increase of hill training I've been doing to prepare for Nashville. These babies are sore!!!! All I have to say is I better have killer legs and a tight booty after all this work!!!!!

Marathon training is going good. For the past 2 weeks and the next 2 weeks I'll average 61-66 miles per week. Then, taper begins. Last Saturday was a very hilly course (Rhaling Rd), in which Cheryl was kind enough to run w/me. And I owe her a big Thanks because that wasn't an easy run!!! But, I felt accomplished at the end since I was able to run (slowly, though) up the long and steep Rhaling Rd hill. And, many other smaller ones during that entire run. I hope she wants to do it again (well, not right away though!!). I'm glad the weather is getting warmer, I was really starting to dislike the cold. Now, if only this darn wind would calm down!!! Over the next week or so, I really need to decide on my marathon pace. When I do my long runs (15+ miles) I tend to stay in the range of 10:30-10:45 and I feel comfortable. I do have some bouts of 9:40-9:50 when I feel good, but that only comes and goes. Should I put myself w/the 4:45 pace group??? The 5:00 group??? Help!!!

I have about one month of school before the semester ends. Sure went by fast. I decided to take a class over the summer (a very short, intense 4 week class that normally lasts 16 weeks). It's M-F from 9:50-2:20. But, I have to take it now if I want to graduate on time. Then, in the fall, I begin my 2x weekly drive to Hope, AR for the rest of my schooling. I'm really excited because that means I'll finally be starting my Embalming/Funeral Directing classes!!! One step closer to my dream!!! Those sememsters will keep me even busier, as I'll have 7 classes in the Fall and 8 in the Spring. I only have 5 now, so I'll really have to keep a tight schedule w/those extra classes. And, during that time, I'll be training for a half marathon in St Charles, MO, Chicago (yippee) and depending on my Reserve schedule, I want to do a half in November and hopefully Memphis (the full, if I can get someone else to run w/me).

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

You will definitely be ready for Nashville. We'll have to talk about Rahling Road...that's a tough one!

You are really putting in the miles, take care of yourself and be sure to feed those muscles. I'm going to try and get off the "crack" (chocolate)