Monday, February 18, 2008

The best way to describe my runs this past weekend was damp and dreary, with a bit of wind mixed in the equation. On Saturday, Cheryl and I ran 12 miles on the River Trail (6am w/the Little Rock Training Group). Despite the misting rain we encountered for a good part of the run, the rather damp clothes and feet we had by the end, it was a good run. My hip/knee pain held out until close to the end and Cheryl's foot pain did pretty much the same thing. Upon completion, we stretched, took off the damp clothes, and headed for some coffee. All in all, great run and I'm hoping to do it again! Although, it won't be w/the LR training group since Cheryl only has 2 weeks before the LR marathon! I won't get the chance to run w/her this weekend as I'll be in Forth Worth.

Sunday's run was 6 miles around my neighborhoods. It was windy and I didn't feel like running, so was happy to have it done and over w/. Again, I'm stuck in this winter funk feeling and need a jolt of spring air to get me over the hump!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in that winter funk too, I could use some nice warm 70 degree weather myself.