Sunday, February 3, 2008

Where Has The Time Gone????

WOW----it's been an entire month since my last post!!!! While blogging has been on mind, what's been taking up most of my time is school work. Yes, it's been very hectic being a full-time student (again!). I'm taking 5 classes and I just can't believe how time consuming they are!!!!! Well, when I went to college, I didn't have to run a household, take care of a husband and playful black lab, train for a marathon, etc, etc......


I'm trying to learn how to organize, prioritize, and simply not go out of my mind! Next weekend is my first drill weekend w/the Air Force Reserves, so I'm looking forward to that.


Ben, Maxx, and I will be leaving for the Cowtown half-marathon, held in Forth Worth, TX in a few weeks. Notice, I say half and not full. Something funny happened to my knee/IT band when I returned from Ohio (well, I did NO outdoor running, only treadmill while I was there) and I never run on the treadmill. Doctor thought I might have had Patella Tendonitis, so he put me on 2 weeks of a steroid pac, and I couldn't run. Damn, another injury, another set back!!!! But, this was a blessing in disguise (well, I guess) because I started using the Elliptical on a daily basis, increased my water aerobic classes for 4x a week, and increased my time on the spinning bike. All of which have done a wonderful job keeping my cardio up!


I'm back to running, but am taking my time w/distance, number of days running, etc. My knee still hurts a little (mostly my IT band and hip) and I do plan to go to a knee doc at some point.


Long story short, I dropped down to the half at Cowtown----I think smart doing on my part. Next full will be Nashville in April and I don't want to miss that one!!!!


Hopefully I can do a better job keeping my blog up-to-date! One more thing---here's a pic of the spinning bike I bought for myself as a present when I left Air Force active duty life (hey, I spent 6 1/2 yrs on active duty, doesn't that call for a parting gift??!!) Should arrive this week, I'm so EXCITED!!!!!!


3 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats on the spin bike! I can't wait to read about the Cowtown Half.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have started posting again, try and keep it up, even if it's just a blurb or two!
Nice Spinner, you deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you started posting again, I can't believe it's been a month!
Nice spinner, you deserve it! Take care of your knee, it seems as though we both keep getting these running injuries!