Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Long Overdue

I've been meaning and needing to get a massage for an extended period of time, but hadn't found the right person---you know, you just can't go to anybody, you have to trust and feel completely comfortable w/whoever you choose. Given all the nagging pains I've been experiencing lately, I knew I couldn't wait much longer. I had previoulsy been to a particular day spa and really didn't like the massage therapist, so I decided to go to the same place again, but this time to a different girl. And I'm SO GLAD I did!!!! Before she got started, we discussed my tight/sore spots, where I wanted her to spend a little more time, where I didn't want her to spend time (my feet and hands, 2 really sensititve areas), etc, etc. She was awesome and found a lot of knots in my muscles---and she really worked them over. I'm always very knotty and tight and I left there feeling wonderful. If you've read my blog before, you might remember about my sore hip from those damn Rocephin shots I got in Oct. She found a big clump of knots in the area I got the shot....and boy was I about to jump off the table when she found them!!! The good news is, I'll be seeing her again in 2 1/2 weeks :)

I'm still chugging along on my mileage. Yesterday I ran on the base, 6 miles. It was pretty windy, good thing the sun was out to make it a little warmer. Today I ran 5.5 around the subdivisions. I was thinking of more, but decided to stop since I have homework to do, and my I-pod died at mile 3. Tomorrow and Thursday I'll run w/Cheryl. On Friday, Ben and I leave for Fort Worth!!!! The weather is predicted to be in the low 50's at race start, w/a daily high of 70 degrees! Chance of rain is 20%. Of course, I'm constantly watching it, because we all know the weather changes in an instant.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Good luck in Texas!

I'll probably take the anti-inflammatories just to see if they work. Ick, though.

So far I like to boot -- but it has only been two hours. HA!