Thursday, February 14, 2008

Fun In The Water

Happy Valentines Day (to those of you who celebrate it). Today was a fun day! The weather was nice so I took Maxx to Lakewood for a run. Well, I ran 5 miles, he waited in the car. Cheryl met me and we walked around the lake a couple laps. I took advantage of that time and was able to have Maxx go on the walk w/us! I really think he enjoyed the time outdoors (and bonding w/Cheryl, he likes her!). He was asleep for the entire car ride home and when we get home, Maxx ate his lunch and hopped on his favorite chair for a late afternoon nap.

Back to this Valentines Day thing---Ben and I don't do anything special, but a few days ago he asked me what I wanted (knowing I'd tell him nothing)....but, this is what I replied "I want you to go to water aerobics with me". Knowing darn well he wouldn't. Well, I was WRONG!!! He got home from work tonight a few minutes early, ate something really quick (for energy??) and asked if he bathing suit was ready. Ha, ha.....I had everything ready for him! I think he really enjoyed himself! There are about 5 guys in the class and they all swam over, said hello, and shook hands. The music started, the instructor started cueing and we got down to buisiness. I'm thinking Ben thought this was going to be easy----I looked over at him a few times and he was huffing and puffing, moving his arms, and looking like he was working it. Of course we raced each other when we had to run the length of the pool, splashed when given the chance, and laughed at each other. All in all, I was happy Ben joined me and hope he goes again (at least he told me he would).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe he went!! Sounds like you both had fun though.