Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Good Day

Today was just that---a good day! After a dose of spinning and a trip to the gym this morning, I took Maxx to NLR w/me and I met Cheryl at Starbucks. Actually, our visit started in the parking lot. She called to tell me she was early and already there, and whatta know---I was EARLY too!!! I know, don't fall off your chairs :) So, we exchanged Christmas presents (yep, better late than never!) and Cheryl said hello to Maxx, and inside we went! It was still drizzly and cold, so I was excited to be out of those elements.

We had a really nice visit and then it was back home to do some homework. I still hadn't gone for my run, so at 2:30, I thought I better get out there, or else I would talk myself out of it. You see--I just am hating this cold weather and really want Spring to magically appear, then I wouldn't have any issues w/running! After 8 cold miles, I called it a day. An interesting note: instead of wearing my custom orthotics, I wore the ones I bought at the Memphis expo, and for whatever reason, my hip didn't hurt as bad. Which meant my IT band felt ok, which meant the outside of my knee didn't bother me that much! Why does all this crap have to be connected??? And tell me why I NEVER had any hip, etc problems UNTIL I received those 2 shots of Rocephin this past Oct (in my hip). I swear to you, that's when all my problems started. Someone messed up my hip bone when I got those shots.......does anyone think that's valid????

My day ended w/a great water aerobics class!! Being in the water always makes my joints, hip, whatever ailment feel better. Now it's off to a hot shower and maybe a cup of hot chocolate (mmm, my favorite!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a good time too, it was so good to see you and Maxx! I'm glad to hear your hip/knee felt better. I have no idea about the shots, but if those inserts helped, keep wearing them!

Oh, and I'm with you on Spring - BRING. IT. ON.