Thursday, February 21, 2008

Cowtown 1/2 Marathon, Here I Come!!!

Goodness, we leave tomorrow morning!!! As you can imagine (and most of you probably do too) I'm running around like a mad woman trying to figure out what the heck to pack (winter races are much harder to prepare for!!!), gotta get Maxx's stuff ready (doggy food, toys, etc), and of course Ben (if I don't pack a nice outfit for going out to dinner, he'd show in his play clothes), get the maps and Expo info printed. To sum it all up, I'm anxious, excited, and nervous....yep, don't usually get nervous (too much) before the races (esp. since I've run more than a few 1/2 marathons), but since my hip/knee have been giving me trouble, I'm afraid something bad will happen while I'm running and I won't be able to finish my 1/2. Sounds silly since I've run at least 13 miles and more since the pain started. Can anyone relate?? I just have this sick feeling in my stomach. On the otherhand, I'm really looking forward to running and getting another finisher's medal! My plan is to treat this as a training run (but, I'd like to keep my pace 10:00-10:20). I don't want to go faster and use it as a race because I don't want to risk hurting the old hip/knee. Slow and steady, time on my feet!

Better get back to packing! Ben's taking his computer, so I'll try to post after the race. If not, check back early next week for my post race report.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great race and Happy Birthday!!!