Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Busy Weekend...A Busy Week

Our trip to Fort Worth this past weekend was just awesome. I ran a great 1/2 marathon, with the help of my "aid boys", we enjoyed wonderful visits w/our friends, Maxx got to play (for 2+hrs) w/Tubbs, his Jack Russell friend, and I had a fun birthday! There was a group of us who went to Joe's Crab Shack for my b-day dinner.....and they made sure to tell the server I was the b-day girl----in turn, I had to mingle around the tables banging a crab bucket, wearing a headdress made of toilet paper, while everyone sang Happy B-day. It wasn't embarrassing, but really funny!

Monday started our 10 week Woman Can Run Clinic. Twice a week we meet (I'm going to the location Cheryl is attending) and we either do speed work, hill repeats, or just run some mileage. I had started one last year, but had to stop going because it interfered w/my teaching of Jazzercise, but I'm in the clear this year. Which is great because I've been looking forward to the clinic and hope to us it as a tool to gain some speed.

W/the addition of the running clinic to my schedule, I've had to shift around a few workouts so everything still fits in. So, now I go to water aerobics a few mornings at 7am (before school) and have added a few more 5am classes (currently go T/Th 5am spinning). For my b-day present, Ben bought me a 2 month pass to Andrea's classes---same place I go spinning. But, now I'll be taking classes w/Andrea as well (and she's tough!!!).

This semester of classes is halfway thru. Spring break is in 3 weeks (don't worry, I'm not going anywhere!!) but, I do hope to clean some closets that week! I've very, very busy w/classes right now and really want the time to fly by so I can get past this mania!

Currently training for Nashville marathon (full), which is 26 Apr. When do I have time for training runs?? (thought you might be wondering).....thank goodness for upcoming warmer weather, earlier sunrise, and later sunsets!!!

I have Drill this weekend. Actually, I have it 2 weekends in March. Wow, can I clone myself????!!!!!

P.S. I like to stay busy :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did anyone take pictures at the Birthday Bash???

And, sounds like you need a couple of clones!! See you tomorrow night!

Susan said...

Busy lady!

Anonymous said...

I'm a new runner and found your blog. Good luck on the marathon. By the way I was also at the cowtown race in fort worth. And it was so cold!