Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It Finally Hit Me

This darn cold everyone has (or flu) finally made it my way. I was feeling sick on Sunday and had that lovely "raspy" voice on Monday, along with a very sore body, a pounding headache, and a fever of 101.9. As if I didn't have enough things to do, this just set me back even more. I had a big Anatomy lab test yesterday, in which I had to identify the 206+ parts of the skeletal system/skull. The professor had the bone laid out w/a index card and said things like "name this joint, name this process, is it lateral or medial in the body, etc". And the scientific names had to be spelled correctly---which isn't everyday language so I had to memorize that. Anyways, I think I might have missed 5 in all.....not bad in my opinion!

Because of this lovely cold, I skipped water aerobics last night and spinning class this morning. I know---don't have a heart attack, it takes SO much for me to miss exercise, but I really want this cold gone. Haven't decided about any exercise for the rest of today. Actually, not sure if I can even pick up weights, climb on an exercise machine, or go for a run----at this moment, those activities seem like a daunting challenge and I just wrinkle my nose and bury myself deeper in my covers. At least my laptop is keeping my legs warm!!!!! Hmm......wish Starbucks delivered!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better today! Let me know if you're not up our run tomorrow.

Susan said...

I wish lots of similar places delivered! :)

Guess what: when I got this month's edition of Runner's World, I thought it was YOU on the cover (it's Paula Radcliffe). Hope you take that as a compliment!