Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Is it really Wednesday already?? My mind doesn't think in terms of what month it is what date it is, or even what day of the week it is....how it thinks now is "what assignments are due today, what test is happening soon, what website do I need to login to complete that homework, etc". And also I'm thinking in terms of the countdown to the Fort Worth, TX Cowtown 1/2 Marathon (23 Feb) and the Nashville full Marathon (26 Apr). Holy running shoes, I'm back in full swing for marathon training!!!

I'm excited for our trip to Fort Worth. Ben and I have a fun weekend planned. We're going to visit friends, Maxx will get to see and play w/his Jack Russell friend (Tubbs), and Ben and the Gang will be taking me out for my birthday (24 Feb)!!! If you know anything about me, I LOVE my birthday----and still plan to as I get older. This year I'll be 29----I know, I know....just a youngin'. But, for me, it's the last year I'll be stuck in the 20's decade and soon I'll get to play w/the 30's decade crowd. And w/that means achieving different scores for races, different scores when taking my Air Force PT test (I get to be slower!!)

Today's run almost didn't happen (another I tried to talk myself out of) because it was cold out. But once I got out there, it wasn't so bad since there was no wind and the sun was shining. I logged 7 miles around the subdivisions, which the scenery got boring, but hey, at least I ran!

When I got home from water aerobics, Ben had to leave and go to Pine Bluff to take a service call. He's on-call tonight (and worked all day) Shucks, won't get to spend any time w/him today. So, Maxx is laying at my feet and I'm working on homework (oops, this is blogging---I should be doing homework!!).

One last thought---Cheryl, THANK YOU (again) for the Peeps----I'm still enjoying them!! :)

2 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Upcoming Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad they were still soft!!